Wednesday, April 04, 2007

SCHEFFLERA UPDATE - IT'S ALIVE

Well...the news is good - so far. My schefflera is still alive.

It's been approximately two weeks since it joined a couple of other plant oldies and its i.e. the plant, is holding its own. On one occasion there appeared to be small white-ish webs on the underside of the leaves so rather than use the "bad" spritz-spritz-kill-those-bugs stuff, I washed the entire plant with tap water. Of course it could have been just plain dust bunnies and not spider mite webs, but we plant owners can't and shouldn't take chances.

I'm still lonely for the dearly departed fern and am contemplating buying another fern-type. Fern's premature death could have been as a result of plant/owner anxiety separation and now that I'm home, at least this reason/cause can be eliminated.

As for the schefflera while it's still alive, its just...there. No new leaves and no signs of anything, actually. I've moved it around the room in the hope of seeing some new sprouting but that hasn't worked.

Maybe it requires vitamins. I shall now focus upon getting the plant to bud.


To be continued...

No comments: